Truth be told, many companies are catching up with the digital revolution going on in the world. In view of that they have come to understand the power of the internet to transform and streamline their business operations locally and internationally. So many companies have created websites for their business; link it to their social media profiles and started adding their website address to local business directories. Check out our amazing business blogging services for small businesses, companies and organizations. But you see, just because you have a website does not necessarily mean you will have traffic. Without traffic, there will be no attention. And without attention, there will be no business at all. If you set up a retail shop at the road side, you will need to get foot traffic to stand a chance of earning decent sales for your business. In the same way, if you set up a website for your business online, you have to generate traffic on the site if you really want to do business online. Jason Fried, founder & CEO of the Web development company, Basecamp said, “Even companies that do big business online struggle to be noticed by Google users. The Web, after all, is home to some 120 million Internet domains and tens of billions of indexed pages. But every company, big or small, can draw more Google traffic by using search-engine optimization – SEO, for short” So why is it important to get website traffic?
- It increases the user rate of your company website
- It enables you to attract attention and build your brand online
- It helps to build connections and generate leads for business.
- It helps to nurture and convert leads into customers.
- It helps to leverage your website for business development.
- It helps to become a thought leader in your field
- It helps to influence your industry and outwit the competition.
- Consistent Blogging
- Consistent Promotion on Social Media
- Consistent Building of Backlinks
Consistent BloggingFabrizio_Moreira said, “Blogging can generate a great deal of traffic to your online business.” This is really true. If you are a business, and you have a website, and you are looking to drive some decent traffic to your website then, you have to take blogging seriously. You can’t be passive with blogging.
- Take blogging seriously for your business.
- Your contents must fill the need of your target audience.
- You must be consistent in content creation
- Your content must be easy to read and understand
- You must optimize each content on your blog for SEO
Consistent Promotion on Social MediaIt is really amazing that many businesses are not using social media well for business. Social media is not just a place to post quotes and pictures about your business. You can leverage Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to drive traffic to your website. So here is how we have been driving website traffic to our blog contents and site for the past 6 months:
- Identify your right social media channel
- Use right social sharing buttons on your blog
- Share your blog contents regularly on social Media
- Join social media groups and share contents there
Consistent Building of BacklinksJounayet Rahman said, “Regular content update and regular back-link means more traffics.” If you want website traffic, if you need website traffic, if you really want it then you have to start building back links onto your site. Backlinks are links that you build from other websites to your website. When people go to other sites, they look for something and when they realize that you are associated with it—something worthwhile—they click on the link and come over to your site. So how did we do it?
- We added our blog to at least 10 blog directories
- We added our website to local business directories
- We guest post on other blogs